Wednesday 31 March 2021

The Echo Wife - Book Review

 

The Echo Wife
by Sarah Gailey

What is it about:
I’m embarrassed, still, by how long it took me to notice. Everything was right there in the open, right there in front of me, but it still took me so long to see the person I had married.

It took me so long to hate him.

Martine is a genetically cloned replica made from Evelyn Caldwell’s award-winning research. She’s patient and gentle and obedient. She’s everything Evelyn swore she’d never be.

And she’s having an affair with Evelyn’s husband.

Now, the cheating bastard is dead, and both Caldwell wives have a mess to clean up.

Good thing Evelyn Caldwell is used to getting her hands dirty.

What did I think of it:
I've loved everything I've read by Sarah Gailey so far, so once again I preordered this as soon as it became available.

This is a beautiful, but also difficult book.

Evelyn Caldwell is very detached from her feelings, and as this book is written from her perspective it's difficult at times to connect to what's going on. But as the story progresses it becomes clear why she is as she is, and I could understand why there's so much emotional distance.

So yes: I struggled with the story at first, but a few chapters in I fell for it hard and couldn't stop reading. I had to know everything that had happened to Evelyn, and I had to know how she and Martine would solve their problems.

All in all this is yet another beautiful and thought provoking book, and you bet Sarah Gailey will stay on my auto-buy author list. This book will get a place next to their other books on my keeper shelves.

Why should you read it:
Its a beautiful and thought provoking read.


buy from Amazon


No comments: