Monday 14 February 2022

A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs #4)
by Jackie Lau

What is it about:
Amber Wong has landed her dream job at the Stratford Festival, and life is looking good. Sure, she hasn’t had sex in so long that her condoms have expired, but she’ll just pick up some new ones, along with some discounted Christmas chocolate, at the grocery store.


And that’s where she runs into Dr. Sebastian Lam, the son of her parents’ close friends, whom she hasn’t seen in years. He’s moved back to Ontario, newly single, and… Oh my God. He’s really hot.

The attraction is mutual and no-strings-attached sex is the perfect arrangement for both of them, since Amber has sworn off dating after a string of terrible boyfriends.

But what if their families find out they’re spending time together and start interfering in their lives? That would be a disaster.

Even worse? If they develop feelings for each other, given a relationship is the last thing Amber wants right now…

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
It took me awhile to pick this last book in the series up as it seemed to have the 'best friend's younger sister' trope. A trope that usually doesn't work for me. 

But it turned out that trope was barely there luckily enough.

This is by far the steamiest book in the series. I had a great time with it, even though I didn't really get Amber at times. Sebastian was one hunky hero though, so I rooted for their Happily Ever After.

There were some family shenanigans again, which were funny as always. As I bought the boxed set of this series there was also a series epilogue, I'm not sure if that's included in this book if you don't buy the box.

All in all I had a wonderful time with this book and the series as a whole. I might read more by Lau.

why should you read it:
It's a delightful and steamy read.


buy from amazon

No comments: