Friday 18 February 2022

Broken Mirrors - Book Review

 

Broken Mirrors (Marla Mason #5)
by T.A. Pratt

What is it about:
Sorcerer Marla Mason has never been afraid of a fight, but she's about to face her greatest challenge: herself. Or, at least, an alternate-universe version of herself, a woman who succumbed to the evil power of a cursed artifact and become a monstrous villain. Now this dark doppelganger is loose in Marla's world... and she has an agenda even more terrible than Marla can imagine. 

What did I think of it:
It's been awhile since I read book 4, as from book 5 on out the books are self published, so more expensive in paperback. I didn't want to spend the money on book 5 back then and didn't want to read it online or as an ebook.

I recently came across the first four books when rearranging my bookshelves and decided to pick up the ebook of Broken Mirrors.

And what a cool read.

I soon was engrossed in the adventures of Marla and her sidekick Rondeau and was cheering them on.

Next to seeing the story through the eyes of Marla and Rondeau, you also get the viewpoint of their evil counterparts. It was cool to discover how Marla might have turned out if things had been different.

Lots of things happen, and even though Marla is a smart and stubborn heroine, she can't stop all of the mayhem that's unleashed. I was on the edge of my seat to see where things would lead.

The ending was quite the surprise, and you bet I am eager to read the next book. I even immediately picked up Shark's Teeth, a short story taking place not long after Broken Mirrors and before book 6 in the series.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool Urban Fantasy with lots of mayhem.


buy from amazon


No comments: