Wednesday 1 June 2022

Bitten & Smitten - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites #1)

What is it about:
My name is Sarah Dearly, and I’m having a week from hell—literally. My blind date bit me and made me into a vampire, and now I’m being chased all over the city by vampire hunters who want to introduce me to their wooden stakes.

While fleeing for my life on four-inch stilettos, my path crossed with the most gorgeous man I’ve ever met. Thierry de Bennicoeur is a sexy, 600-year-old master vampire with a death wish. And here’s my plan: I’m going to convince him to guide me in my dangerous and unpredictable new vampire life, and in return, I’ll show him that life’s still worth living. To complicate matters, a vampire hunter named Quinn is after me, and he can’t seem to decide if he wants to kill me or kiss me.

Being a vampire sucks, but it sure isn’t boring!

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is a fun read.

I will confess that if I hadn't liked the writing style so much, I might have DNFed early on. Sarah is too stupid to live at times and slow to learn. The humor and the overall story do make up for her stupidity luckily enough, and once I accepted she isn't the brightest new vampire out there I had tons of fun with this book. Had Sarah been any smarter, this book wouldn't have been this long or entertaining.

There's a bit of a love triangle thing going on, but that's almost a given in this genre. It seemed like it was resolved by the end of the book, but I won't be surprised if it gets revived for the next one. For now I'm happy as my favorite guy gets the girls for once.

All in all a very entertaining book that you shouldn't take serious for even one moment. I'll pick up the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and enjoyable Paranormal read


buy from amazon

No comments: