Wednesday 19 October 2022

Dead Sexy - Book Review

Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey #2)
by Tate Hallaway

What is it about:
From the author of Tall, Dark & Dead, the second in the paranormal series featuring a gem of a heroine (Mary Janice Davidson).

Tall, Dark & Dead introduced Garnet Lacey, a bookstore manager/witch who accidentally unleashed the dark goddess Lilith on Vatican assassins. Now she has other things to worry about-like pesky frat boy zombies, a gorgeous FBI agent hot on her trail, love spells gone wrong, and keeping her vampire boyfriend a safe distance from her vampire ex-boyfriend. There's just no rest for this Wiccan...

What did I think of it:
I had a great time with the first book in this series, so when I was in the mood for an enjoyable Paranormal read I picked up book 2.

And this was just as fun.

Garnet does seem to attract problems and men, but were I usually get annoyed by love triangly stuff, here it somehow works. I was invested in Garnet getting herself out of trouble and for her to figure out her feelings.

I really love the sidekicks in this series as well, apart from one of the guys in the love dodecahedron square: Garnet's ex, who is just a bit too sleazy in my opinion. I actually worried a lot over one of the side characters, hoping he would be ok.

All in all another fun read. I'll probably pick up book 3 soon 

Why should you read it:
It's a very enjoyable Paranormal read.


No comments: