Wednesday 31 May 2023

The Scourge Between Stars - Book Review

 

The Scourge Between Stars
by Ness Brown

What is it about:
Ness Brown's The Scourge Between Stars is a tense, claustrophobic sci-fi/horror blend set aboard a doomed generation ship harboring something terrible within its walls.


As acting captain of the starship Calypso, Jacklyn Albright is responsible for keeping the last of humanity alive as they limp back to Earth from their forebears’ failed colony on a distant planet.

Faced with constant threats of starvation and destruction in the treacherous minefield of interstellar space, Jacklyn's crew has reached their breaking point. As unrest begins to spread throughout the ship’s Wards, a new threat emerges, picking off crew members in grim, bloody fashion.

Jacklyn and her team must hunt down the ship’s unknown intruder if they have any hope of making it back to their solar system alive.

What did I think of it:
I love it when a book is exactly what you were hoping for.

Did this story lean on Alien a lot bit: absolutely! Did I care: Nope!

I loved the story, the action, the atmosphere. I even liked most of the characters and was sad to see some of them get killed by the intruder onboard of the ship. 

I haven't been reading a lot lately, but I devoured this novella in one sitting. It's action-packed while still making room for you to bond with the main characters.

I'll be keeping an eye out for more by Ness Brown.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool, action-packed SciFi horror/thriller



No comments: