Friday 10 August 2012

Linger - Book Review

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
by Maggie Stiefvater


What is it about:
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

What did I think of it:
When I reviewed Shiver, the first book in this trilogy, I said I wouldn't wait until someone would give me Linger. Well, that was a lie. I got this book as a RAK gift. When I tell you that after finishing Linger I went to my local bookstore the very next day to buy the last book in this trilogy, you can probably guess what I think of this book.

I love it!

This isn't a story full of action. It's a story about emotions and even more important than the things that are happening is the mood of this story.

I really like the slow pacing of this series. It adds to the mood and to the emotions the characters are struggling with. This might be a story about (were)wolves, but it's more psychological than it is paranormal.

I already fell in love with Sam and Grace in Shiver, and Linger only added to that, but it also made me fall in love with Isabel as well. Cole was more difficult to understand, but he's an intriguing character nonetheless.

The story was both heartwarming and heartbreaking and the ending can be seen as a cliffhanger, but at the same time it felt rounded and complete. If I hadn't known there's a third book I would have been happy with this ending.

Knowing there is a third book though, I'm reading Forever next to find out how the story of the Wolves of Mercy Falls will end.

Why should you read it:
It's a hauntingly beautiful paranormal YA.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Emotion packed books are a must. I've read a few and they are just as intense, if not more than some action books. Great review.