Wednesday 4 January 2017

Dark Mafia Prince - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Dark Mafia Prince (A Dangerous Royals Romance #1)
by Annika Martin


What is it about:
THE DARK MAFIA PRINCE IS BACK TO RECLAIM ALL THAT HER FAMILY STOLE.

Aleksio

Don’t look at me like that. So trusting.

Like you think I’m not a monster.

Like I won’t wrap your hair in my fist and bend you to my will.

Like I won’t sacrifice you, piece by piece, to save my brother.
I’m the most dangerous enemy you’ll ever have because every time you look at me, you see somebody good. That friend who died.
And when you look at me like that, I die again.

Mira
I spent years making myself invisible.
A good girl, apart from the noise.
Then you came back, beautiful and deadly in your Armani suit.

Don’t look at me like you still know me, you say.

But I remember your smile and those sunny days.
Before they lowered your small casket into the ground.

Before they told us the prince was dead.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
After reading and loving Prisoner I decided to pick up the first book in Annika Martin's Dangerous Royals series.

And this is yet another deliciously dark read.

Martin sure knows how to write dark, broken characters. Even though Aleksio is behaving like a caveman at times, I could understand why he acts like he does, and I was rooting for him to find some peace of mind and find a way to reclaim his better nature.

Mira was more difficult for me to understand. That's mainly because she worships her father, who she knows is a criminal. Still she keeps defending his actions and going out of her way to make sure he's ok, even if it will cost her.

The story was really suspenseful. Aleksio and his brother Viktor are not only trying to reclaim the Mafia empire that was stolen from their family, they're trying to find their brother before others do and kill him. Mira is the leverage they're using to get the information they need.

I liked the chemistry between Aleksio and Mira. There were a couple of really dark-sexy scenes between the two of them, and if I have one complaint it's that I could have used some more of those.

The ending does give hope for Aleksio and Mira's future, but there's still a lot going on in the life of the Dragusha brothers, and I will get my hands on the next brother soon, I can tell you.

Why should you read it:
It's a suspenseful and delicious Romance read.


Buy from bookdepository




1 comment:

Aurian said...

I am glad you enjoyed this Voodoo Bride! Not sure it won't be too dark for me though.