Wednesday 25 January 2017

Wedding Night - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Wedding Night
by Sophie Kinsella


What is it about:
It's all gone wrong with the man Lottie thought was Mr Right. Then out of the blue she gets a call from her first love. She decides it must be Fate, and rushes off to marry him and rekindle their sizzling Greek island romance.

Lottie's older sister can't believe she's doing something so crazy. No more Ms Nice Sister, she's stopping this marriage. Right away! And she'll go to any lengths to do so...


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
Once in a while I want to read something silly and fun and Kinsella is one of the authors who I know delivers on those two things.

The lengths Fliss goes through to stop her sister's wedding, so Lottie won't have to go through a divorce just as painful as her own are totally overboard, but make for a fun read.

The viewpoint switches between both sisters so you get to read both of their adventures and thoughts. I liked Fliss more than Lottie even though Fliss is a bit of a weirdo in how far she goes to stop her sister. I even didn't mind that she drags her kid along, although I did feel that the storyline with her son didn't have a proper conclusion. Lottie is too much of a flake to really connect with her, but I enjoyed reading about her misadventures on her honeymoon.

All in all this book was just as silly and fun as I hoped when I picked it up and I will most certainly pick up another one of Kinsella's books when I'm in the mood for something light and funny.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and enjoyable Contemporary read


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: