Wednesday 11 January 2017

Nerve - Book Review


Nerve
by Jeanne Ryan


What is it about:
ARE YOU PLAYING THE GAME OR IS THE GAME PLAYING YOU?

Vee doesn't know if she has the guts to play NERVE, an anonymous online game of dares. But whoever's behind the game knows exactly what she wants, enticing her with lustworthy prizes and a sizzling-hot partner. With Ian on her team, it's easy to agree to another dare. And another. And another. At first it's thrilling as the Watchers cheer them on to more dangerous challenges. But suddenly the game turns deadly. Will Vee and Ian risk their lives for the Grand Prize dare, or will they lose NERVE?


What did I think of it:
This was a fun read.

There were quite a few stereotypical characters, but as this story is more about Vee and the game she gets involved in than character development I didn't mind too much.

Vee and Ian are asked to do dares that get more dubious the further they get into the game. Ryan does make it believable why they keep playing instead of dropping out. I will confess I could understand Ian better than Vee, but Vee is a little bit contradictory in her behavior at times.

As the story draws to its conclusion events got a little bit out there for me, but maybe I underestimate what people will do for money and/or fame. Even so I very much enjoyed this read from start to finish and I already ordered Ryan's other book Charisma.

Why should you read it:

It's a fun and action-packed YA read.


Buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

This one is new to me. Sounds interesting with some of the angles taken. Thanks.