Wednesday 7 October 2015

Sins of the Lost - Book Review


Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy #3)
by Linda Poitevin


What is it about:
Heaven and Hell are on the brink of war as Lucifer builds his Nephilim army and waits for his new agenda to become a reality — that of having a Nephilimchild of his own bloodline to lead his forces to cataclysmic victory.

With rumors of the pending war rampant on Earth, Alex fights to save humanity from its own panic –­ leaving little time for her fledgling
relationship with Seth, the man with heavenly origins who has captured her heart. But when Nephilim children begin to disappear, along with Alex’s own vulnerable niece, the inevitable war between Heaven and Hell becomes as personal as sin.

Heaven has its own plans to fight the coming apocalypse, but first it needs Seth back. Asked to betray the man she loves, Alex must turn for help to the soulmate she thought she’d given up — the Archangel Aramael, who may be her last chance to save her family and humanity from the ashes of Lucifer’s Armageddon.


What did I think of it:
I read the first two books in this series back in 2012. This book released in 2013 as ebook only, and because I'm not too fond of ebooks, this book remained unread until it finally released in print recently.

And I really should set aside my ebook dislike more often.

This is an amazing read.

I really disliked Seth in book 2, and I didn't warm up to him in this one. Still I can understand why Alex made the choices she did, and why she is having difficulties with the choices she has to make in this book. I rooted for her to find the solution that would be best for her, not to make the choice I would have made.

That's the strength of Poitevin's writing I think: Even when characters do things that I do not agree with, even when events don't go like I want them to, I stay invested in the story. I might not like where the story is taking me, but I still love the ride and want to know what's next.

And believe me: Things happen in this book that had me shocked!

The ending (although not a direct cliffhanger ending) is dire and has me hungry for the next book. Luckily that one also released recently in print, and I already have it in my TBR pile.

Why should you read it:
It's an amazing UF read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I saw the title of the book and thought it was this author. :) Glad you got to find it in print, even a few years later. And that you really enjoyed it! Thank you. I still have to get to this series but I do want to get to it. :)

miki said...

i was also waiting impatiently for this one in print and teh fact teh next one is released as well makes it even better now i just have to get them as you made me even more impatient that i was