Wednesday 6 June 2018

Exile - Book Review


Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)
by S.M. Wilson


What is it about:
Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival. Welcome to The Extinction Trials.

After surviving on Piloria once, Storm and Lincoln are the obvious candidates to return to the dinosaur continent to test the new virus that should clear the way for human settlement. But they have their own priorities – finding a cure for the plague that’s sweeping Earthasia, and keeping themselves alive.


What did I think of it:
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so when I saw this book in my local bookstore I grabbed it immediately.

Once again we start out on Earthasia and it takes half the book to finally get to the dinosaurs. Even though the story was good, the characters were being selfish jerks, so once they reached Piloria I was rooting for the dinosaurs to get some tasty snacks.

Sadly enough not enough people get eaten by dinosaurs in my opinion, and of the people who didn't make it I would have gladly substituted one for Lincoln. What an impossible jerk.

All this grumbling aside I did enjoy the book. There were some really cool scenes with dinosaurs, intrigue, new interesting characters, returning favorites. I didn't like Storm's character development though. I really liked her in the first book, but Lincoln's selfish behavior seems to be catching.

I will most certainly pick up the next book once it releases, but I'm starting to feel I'm totally rooting for the losing side and that the dinosaurs won't get as many snacks as I want them to get.

Why should you read it:
It has dinosaurs!


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: