Wednesday 10 October 2018

Collision - Book Review (repost)


Collision (Colliding Worlds Trilogy #1)
by Berinn Rae/Rachel Aukes


What is it about:
Sienna Wolfe knows it’s going to be an interesting day when a man with golden skin and strange tattoos crashes in her backyard… and ends up tied to her bedposts. She likes her life just the way it is – simple, easy, relaxed. But when the gorgeous new alien in her life asks for her help in an inter-galactic war on a collision course with earth, she can’t say no… but she’ll soon wish she had.

Sienna struggles with her new, unpredictable world, which includes trying to protect earth from alien domination and dodging attempts on her life. And to make matters worse, her greatest enemy – who just so happens to have annoyingly good looks – offers her a double-edged proposal to end the war. All she has to do is give up her freedom and turn her back on the love of her life. Now it’s up to Sienna to pull off the impossible: save the world and – hopefully – live a little happily ever after.


What did I think of it:
I absolutely love the Deadland Saga by Rachel Aukes. She also writes under the penname Berinn Rae*, so while waiting for the last book in the Deadland Saga, I decided to try Collision, the first book in a SciFi trilogy.

And this is a nice read.

I had expected more of a build up in the romance between Sienna and Legian, but that was not to be. They meet, they kiss, and Bam! They're a couple. I had liked to see a bit more development in that relationship to be honest. Because it was all so quick I didn't really feel invested in their relationship.

But that aside I enjoyed the story. The aliens are interesting, the whole set up intriguing and there's some cool action. I might have been disappointed in the romance, the overall action storyline made up for that.

The lead characters of the next two books are introduced, and I must say I'm very curious about book two in this trilogy.

So although this book isn't as cool as the Deadland Saga, it's still fun enough that I'll put it on my keeper shelves and will pick up the next book sometime.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable SciFi romance


*this series is now listed as written by Rachel Aukes*

Find buy links here

No comments: