Wednesday 27 February 2019

Two Witches and a Whiskey - Book Review


Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3)
by Annette Marie


What is it about:
Three months ago, I landed a job as a bartender. But not at a bar—at a guild. Yeah, the magic kind.

I'm not a badass mage like my three smokin' hot best friends. I'm not a sorcerer or an alchemist, or even a wussy witch. I'm just a human, slinging drinks like a pro and keeping my non-magical nose out of mythic business. Seriously, I know my limits.

So why am I currently standing in a black-magic ritual circle across from a fae lord?

Somewhere behind me, my three mage friends are battling for their lives. Somewhere near my feet is the rogue witch I just knocked out with a stolen spell. And I have about five seconds to convince this very angry sea god not to shmoosh me like a bug.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't part of the job description.

--
Note: The three mages are definitely sexy, but this series isn't a reverse harem. It's 100% fun, sassy, fast-paced urban fantasy.


What did I think of it:
I loved the first two books in this series and very much enjoyed the two novellas, so I got my eager trotters on this book not long after it was released.

And this yet again a great read.

I love Tori, she is impulsive, but always means well. That's how she gets involved with the two witches mentioned in the title. Tori also manages to make friends in unusual places, although her past makes her slow to trust that those friends actually stay around and don't ditch her when the going gets tough.

And there's Kai, Aaron and Ezra of course. I love all three mages, but I'll confess that Ezra is my favorite. In this book he is once again great and we learn a little bit more about him. We also get to see Tori's brother again and I'm very eager to see how things will develop with him. And then there's Twiggy, Tori's roommate. I absolutely love him!

The story is action-packed, suspenseful, and I finished this book almost in one sitting (This was in stark contrast with the book I tried to read before this one and that I finally DNFed at 25%). Tori gets in over her head and at times it seemed impossible that things would turn out well. Tori's trust issues also lead her to do some reckless things that upped the stakes, but luckily her friends can be trusted a lot more than she thinks, and they are there to help her.

All in all this is a really fun and cool read and you bet I'll be impatiently waiting for the next book to release!

Why should you read it:
It's a really entertaining and fun UF read.


buy from Amazon

No comments: