Friday 30 August 2019

Rage - Book Review


Rage (Stormheart #2)
by Cora Carmack


What is it about:

Princess or adventurer.

Duty or freedom.

Her Kingdom or the Stormhunter she loves.

If Aurora knows anything, it's that choices have consequences. To set things right, she joins a growing revolution on the streets of Pavan.

In disguise as the rebel Roar, she puts her knowledge of the palace to use to aid the rebellion. But the Rage season is at its peak and not a day passes without the skies raining down destruction. Yet these storms are different—they churn with darkness, and attack with a will that’s desperate and violent.

This feels like more than rage.

It feels like war.


What did I think of it:
I absolutely loved Roar so you bet I pre-ordered Rage and have been waiting for it to release so I could get my greedy trotters on it.

And Rage was well worth the wait!

Picking up where Roar left up, Aurora/Roar is soon in the thick of things. She wants to save her kingdom from the family who took over the throne, but she still has to tell her companions she's a princess. And there's an angry Stormlord targeting Pavan with storm after storm as well.

There is lots of action and intrigue in this second book of a trilogy and I was hooked from the start. Once again there are several viewpoint characters, and all are interesting to follow, if only to learn the true nature of some of them.

I especially enjoyed Nova's storyline in this book. She already was a favorite in the first book, and my love for her only grew in this one. There was one very interesting new character as well, who didn't have their own viewpoint, but certainly made me eager to find out more about them.

All in all I raced through this book to see where things would lead, and was surprised by events several times. The romance is growing on me, although the love interest is far from my favorite character in the books. A secondary romance between some of the other characters made me squee in delight though.

The book ends with quite the surprise, and you bet I'll be pre-ordering the last book asap.

Why should you read it:
It's a really awesome YA Fantasy read.


Buy from Bookdepository

No comments: