Friday 21 August 2020

Fragile Eternity - Book Review

 


Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3)
by Melissa Marr

What is it about:
Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone - but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her - but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

What did I think of it:
This is yet another really cool addition to this series and i'm glad I have the next two books in my TBR, because I want more.

I will confess that even though I loved the story, I at times didn't really get why some of the faeries made such a big deal out of Seth. He seemed to be that kind of special that doesn't get explained. That aside I was totally invested in what was going on.

There is lots of intrigue, difficult decisions, sneaky faerie stuff, and more in this book. I love the faerie world and all its weird traditions and secrets.

Keenan still is a total jerk in my opinion, while Aislinn is too gullible to be a good queen. The events in this book make sure she has to learn and grow though.

My favorite character is Niall though. I already loved him in Ink Exchange, and his actions in this book only strengthened that.

All in all a wonderful read and I'll be picking up the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool Paranormal YA read.


No comments: