Monday 26 October 2020

Lost Talismans and a Tequila - Book Review

 

Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #7)
by Annette Marie

What is it about:
You know that squirmy sensation in your gut when you have no idea what you're doing and you're about to screw everything up?

Yeah, that feeling.

I thought I was a good judge of character, but recent events proved me very wrong. Now, in a brilliant demonstration of my newfound caution, I'm putting all my faith in a demon—a demon who's tried to kill me before. The squirmy feeling is making sense, right?

Unfortunately, I don't have any other options. Ezra's time is almost up, which means I need answers and I need them fast. So it's time to toughen up, pack my gear, and find me one of the most illegal, reviled, and scarce mythics out there: a demon-mage summoner.

And all I have to do is follow a demon's instructions on where to look. How could that go wrong?

What did I think of it:
We are nearing the end of this series, just one more book to go after this one, and it shows. Tensions are high and action needs to be taken to save Ezra. I was on the edge of my seat to see what would happen and if Tori can save the day and Ezra.

A character who was present in earlier books suddenly pops up again and I must say I'm apprehensive. I sure hope I'm too distrustful and that this character won't throw a wrench in Tori's plans.

Things with Kai aren't looking like I want them to look either, so there's still a lot that needs to happen in the last book to make me a happy piggy.

The story is fast paced and full of mystery and suspense. But slowly Tori and her friends are getting closer to a solution, or are they? 

All in all this is a nail biting read that ends in a cliffhanger that makes me more than eager to get my trotters on the last book.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool UF read.

buy from Amazon

No comments: