Wednesday 9 June 2021

Unleashed - Book Review

 

Unleashed (Jinxed #2)
by Amy McCulloch 

What is it about:
When Lacey Chu wakes up in a hospital room with no recollection of how she got there, she knows something is up. But with her customizable smart pet, Jinx, missing in action and Moncha, the company behind the invention of the robot pet, up to something seriously sinister, she’s got a lot of figuring out to do. Lacey must use all her engineering skills if she has a chance of stopping Moncha from carrying out their plans. But can she take on the biggest tech company in North America armed with only a level 1 robot beetle ... ?

What did I think of it:
I very much enjoyed the first book of this duology, so I bought the second one when I saw it at my local bookstore. It still took me over a year to pick it up.

And this one is enjoyable, but not as much as the first. There was one pet peeve that even soured the book for me: The overused 'poor bully is only a bully because he *insert sad explanation that is meant to exonerate the bully*' News Flash: There is no excuse for bullying! How ever sad your backstory is!

I did finish the book, because I was curious how things would end for Lacey and Jinx, but the book left me lukewarm. I know this is probably very personal, so most people who enjoyed the first bok will probably have a better time with this book than I had.

All in all a nice enough read, but I probably won't be rereading this duology.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable Futuristic read for middle grade and up.


buy from Amazon

No comments: