Friday 25 March 2022

End of Days - Book Review

 

End of Days - (Penryn & the End of Days #3)
by Susan Ee 

What is it about:
End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

What did I think of it:
I read the first two books in 2013 and made an attempt to read this book in 2015 when it released, but it didn't click back then. Recently I decided to try again if only so I could check this trilogy as finished. 

And this time I was lured in and soon as hooked as I was with the other books.

I loved getting back into this gritty angel apocalypse. Penryn is a great heroine and especially when she's with Raffe she shines.

The stakes in this book are high: Raffe is in danger of losing his wings forever, Penryn needs to find help for her sister, before she turns into a monster, and if that isn't enough: the angels are set on destroying humanity.

Raffe is being a bit of a stubborn ass at times, but all in all I loved how they work together, and how they manage when apart. Penryn knows her own feelings a lot better than Raffe knows his, and I wanted to kick him at times to get his act together.

There were some cool action scenes that skimmed the lines of going over the top, but I was so invested in finding out how everything would end, that I didn't mind too much.

All in all a really cool conclusion to a gritty and awesome Apocalyptic Adventure. You bet this goes on my keeper shelves. And I will need to investigate what other books Susan Ee wrote after this trilogy.

Why should you read it:
It's Post Apocalyptic awesomeness


Buy from Amazon



No comments: