Friday 4 March 2022

Where the Drowned Girls Go - Book Review

 

Where the Drowned Girls Go (Wayward Children #7)
by Seanan McGuire

What is it about:
Welcome to the Whitethorn Institute. The first step is always admitting you need help, and you've already taken that step by requesting a transfer into our company.

There is another school for children who fall through doors and fall back out again.
It isn't as friendly as Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.
And it isn't as safe.

When Eleanor West decided to open her school, her sanctuary, her Home for Wayward Children, she knew from the beginning that there would be children she couldn't save; when Cora decides she needs a different direction, a different fate, a different prophecy, Miss West reluctantly agrees to transfer her to the other school, where things are run very differently by Whitethorn, the Headmaster.

She will soon discover that not all doors are welcoming...

What did I think of it:
I love this series, and this book is an awesome addition.

I liked Cora in the previous books, so was happy to see her get her own book. After events in Come Tumbling Down she's having nightmares and other problems, so she asks to be transferred to Whitethorn, a school with a very different approach as Eleanor West's school.

I loved seeing the other school and how it works. It is soon clear there's something not right there. I was rooting for Cora to come to her senses, but it looked like even that would not be enough to solve her problems.

And then Sumi entered the story!

I've loved Sumi since the first book, so I was so happy she had a big role in this book. I also loved how the lead character of the previous book in the series made her appearance in this book as well. And I really liked how another world isn't needed to make this story otherworldly and disturbing.

I was hooked from the start and had to keep reading to see if Cora and Sumi would be able to save the day, and if Cora would be able to defeat her demons.

All in all a wonderful read that will join the other books in this series on my keeper shelves.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and wonderful read


buy from Amazon


No comments: