Thursday 22 February 2024

Iron Crowned - Book Review

 

Iron Crowned (Dark Swan #3)
by Richelle Mead)

What is it about:
An embattled mystically entwined with our own,
the Otherworld is at the mercy of one woman...

Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham is the best at banishing entities trespassing in the mortal realm. But as the Thorn Land’s queen, she’s fast running out of ways to end the brutal war devastating her kingdom. Her only hope: the Iron Crown, a legendary object even the most powerful gentry fear…

Who Eugenie can trust is the hardest part. Fairy king Dorian has his own agenda for aiding her search. And Kiyo, her shape-shifter ex-boyfriend, has every reason to betray her along the way. To control the Crown’s ever-consuming powers, Eugenie will have to confront an unimaginable temptation--one that will put her soul and the fate of two worlds in mortal peril…

What did I think of it:
Warning: spoilers about the romance coming up!

I'm really enjoying this series, but I will confess I had hoped we were done with that stupid Kiyo after what happened in the previous book. But there he was again annoying the hell out of me. So I decided to look for spoilers to see if it was worth it to continue reading or if I should abandon this series. After finding my answer I decided to read on.

This was (apart from Kiyo) mostly a really cool read. There was the bit where Eugenie gets prescribed antibiotics, and of course this leads to Baby Daddy Drama (Did not see that coming! *eye roll*) , but the rest of the story was cool enough to overlook that particular bit of the book. 

I'll be picking up the last book in this series soon, as I'm curious about the outcome.  (minus the romance, because that I already know) 

Why should you read it:
It's a cool UF Read


No comments: