Saturday 28 May 2011

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
by P.N. Elrod, Marjorie M. Liu, Katie MacAlister, Lilith Saintcrow, Ronda Thompson, Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine and Caitlin Kittredge

What is it about:
What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for a while—but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss?

Nine of today’s hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon when she’s just learned that her new hubby is a werewolf? How can newlyweds focus on their wedding night when their honeymoon suite is haunted by feuding ghosts? And what’s a wizard to do when a gruesome monster kidnaps the bride on her way home from the wedding?

With so much otherworldly mayhem awaiting our newlyweds, will they ever get around to the honeymoon itself? Find out in…My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I will confess I had difficulty getting into most of the stories. With some it was clear that this was because the story was part of a series and I hadn't read any other books in the series. Others just didn't work for me storywise or felt too forced. Not surprisingly three of the four stories I liked the most were by authors I was familiar with before picking up this book.

My favourites are:
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong
Newlydeads by Caitlin Kittredge
Where the Heart Lives by Marjorie M. Liu
Cat Got Your Tongue? by Katie MacAlister


Why should you read it:
I would advice this book to fans of one or more of the featured authors.


No comments: