Thursday 5 May 2011

To Weave a Web of Magic - Book Review

To Weave a Web of Magic by Claire Delacroix, Lynn Kurland, Patricia A. McKillip and Sharon Shinn

What is it about:
A romantic fantasy anthology with four novellas from renowned authors of romance and fantasy...

USA Today best-selling author Claire Delacroix gives readers a revisionist version of the medieval legend of Melusine.
USA Today best-selling author Lynn Kurland's trademark style shines in this tale of the magic and medieval romance between two lovers.
World Fantasy Award-winner Patricia A. McKillip tells of an artist's model and the transforming power of beauty and inspiration.
National best-selling author Sharon Shinn offers a compelling romance set in a strange new off-world of angels and revolving around the pursuit of love.


What did I think of it:
As this is an anthology I will tell what I thought of each of the four stories.

The Gorgon in the Cupboard by Patricia A. McKillip
I love this story. It's beautiful, powerful and original.

The Tale of the Two Swords by Lynn Kurland
Not my kind of story and writing. I felt myself skipping parts to get to the end of this one.

Fallen Angel by Sharon Shinn
The reason I bought this book! I love Shinn's Samaria books and this novella is a worthy addition to the series.

An Elegy for Melusine by Claire Delacroix
Cetainly not a bad story, but I've read better and more original versions of this legend.

So all in all two stories I absolutely loved and two I didn't much care about. The two I loved more than made up for the other two though.

Why should you read it:
A must read for Shinn fans and for people who love romantic fantasy.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments: