Saturday 7 May 2011

Slave To Her Desires - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Slave To Her Desires (The Succubus Diaries) by Jill Myles
(ebook, novella)

What is it about:
Immortality is not always a blessing. Turned into a succubus against her will, Olivia Rhodes has lived the past 120 years as a slave to her cruel and vindictive vampire master. She's escaped him, but he's closing in fast. Her only hope? The fallen angel that abandoned her when she was turned, David Thornton.

But David's not the cold-hearted monster she's always thought he was...nor did he abandon her. And when Olivia's hatred of David turns to desire, will her need for revenge against her vampire master destroy the one beautiful thing in her life, or will she find a way to make David love her despite the creature she's become?

This novella (34,000 words), features a succubus enslaved to her needs, a sleeping beauty, and some explosive sex on a monastery floor.

(Note: While this novella is set in the world of the Succubus Diaries, it is not necessary to read the series to enjoy the novella.)


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
A hot and steamy story that I found both enjoyable and disturbing. The romance between Olivia and David is quite endearing and I loved that part of the story, not in the least because of the steamy scenes between them. The things that have been done to Olivia by her vampire master are really disturbing, but fit the story very well.
It's the things that Olivia is forced to do by both of her masters that icked me out the most though. The thought of having to obey someone even if you don't want to and even if that person has your best interest at heart is frightening I must confess. Myles does a great job to soothe my worries about this twisted part of Olivia and David's romance though, so in the end I could let go of my uneasyness and enjoy the story.

I think I will pick up the first book in the Succubus Diaries series to see how Myles handles the rules she set for her succubi in a longer story.

Why should you read it:
It's a hot, steamy and thought provoking novella


Buy From: Amazon

2 comments:

Nina said...

Sounds like a great book. I never heard of this before, but I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully you will love the entire series. ;)

Unknown said...

I've read the first two books in that series, they're good! Give 'em a whirl, I think you'd like them.

<3,
-J