Friday 16 November 2012

I'll Be Slaying You - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


I'll Be Slaying You (Night Watch #2)
by Cynthia Eden


What is it about:
Dee Daniels is on a mission to eliminate the monsters and assorted supernaturals who prey on the innocents of Baton Rouge. Lately there's a new face in town, Simon Chase, a sexy shadow with a haunted past who knows a secret that will change Dee's life, if she can live long enough to uncover it.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This was a very enjoyable read.

I loved Eden's writing, which is fun and engaging and the story had me hooked from the start. It is fast paced and full of action and with lots of intrigue and suspense.

Dee is a complex character, who starts out a bit too hard boiled for my tastes, but learning about her past made me understand why she is as she is. Luckily she undergoes some changes throughout the story that made her more likeable.

I very much enjoyed the romance between Dee and Simon. The build up was done very nicely, with them first being attracted to each other physically and with a growing emotional attachment. The secrets Simon keeps from Dee added to the romantic tension.

Although this book is part of a series it is perfectly readable as a standalone. I hadn't read the first book in this series, but never felt I missed out on anything. As I understand it each book has another couple as the lead characters.

I most certainly will read other books by Eden. Next up is 'Midnight's Master' which is already in my tbr-pile.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and fast paced Paranormal Romance.


Buy this book here

2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Sounds very fun! Glad the romance was great!

Aurian said...

Nice review Sullivan, I will put this on my wishlist.