Monday 10 June 2013

Forever A Lord - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Forever a Lord (The Rumor #3)
by Delilah Marvelle


What is it about:
Lady Imogene Norwood lives a sheltered life of quiet respectability and routine...until she debuts at her first Season. There among London's elite she meets the wild and broken Lord Atwood. And the very shy English rose suddenly realizes that a little chaos might just be what her heart desires.

Lord Nathaniel James Atwood doesn't believe true love exists. Since scandal tore him away from his family at an early age, he has spent his life fighting for what he wants. That attitude has made him a rising star in bare-knuckle boxing, and now leads him back to London to reclaim the life that was stolen from him. But upon meeting the innocent Imogene, his beliefs are trounced...as guarding his heart against her proves to be the fight of his life.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is a really nice read.

I wil confess I had expected this book to have a little more bite so to speak, but it turned out to be a rather sweet Historical romance.

Imogene and Nathaniel are instantly attracted to each other, and although they take their time to confess their feelings, it's a certainty from the start. It was nice to read their developing romance. Both are characters I could connect with and they were a cute couple.

The boxing was very interesting to read. It was clear that Marvelle did her research and she describes the training and fighting very well.

There was one thing that bugged me in this story and that was the scandal that drove Nathaniel from his family. It might be historical correct, but I thought it would have been wiser to use some other scandal than the one that was used. It's difficult to explain why without giving spoilers, but I'm wondering if I might be the only one who was left with a bad taste in my mouth when the scandal was revealed, especially in the light of how it was resolved.

That aside this was an enjoyable read and I might even pick up another book by Marvelle when I'm in the mood for a nice, uncomplicated historical romance.

Why should you read it:
It's a sweet Historical Romance


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Nice review, I still have to read this one. I have read the first in the series, where he is found.