Wednesday 26 June 2013

Insomnia - Book Review


Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1)
by J.R. Johansson


What is it about:
Her eyes saved his life.
Her dreams released his darkness.

After four years of sleeplessness, high school junior Parker Chipp can't take much more. Every night, instead of sleeping, he enters the dreams of the last person he's made eye contact with. If he doesn't sleep soon, Parker will die.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. But what starts out as a chance meeting turns into an obsession; Parker's furious desire for what he needs pushes him to extremes he never thought he'd go. And when someone begins to terrorizing Mia with twisted death threats, Parker's memory blackouts leave him doubting his own innocence.


What did I think of it:
This is a cool read.

I will confess I expected this book to be scary (Parker sees other people's nightmares and such after all) but I can't say it was. Not that that was a bad thing. This is a really cool and intriguing story even without scary stuff.

I myself am a very bad sleeper, so I could relate to Parker who tries everything to get some real sleep. His attempts may be questionable at times, but his despair is so well written I thought his behaviour was believable.

There were some minor things that bugged me, but overall this is a really suspenseful and enticing read. I will confess I sniffed out what was happening long before Parker had even a clue, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment in the story.

The ending tied up some storylines, but also left a lot of things open, not in a frustrating way luckily enough. I will put this book on my keeper shelves and I'll keep an eye out for the next book.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and enjoyable Paranormal YA read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Glad you enjoyed it, but I don't think this one is for me.