Wednesday 13 March 2019

Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful - Book Review


Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful
by Arwen Elys Dayton


What is it about:
Set in our world, spanning the near to distant futures, Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful is a novel made up of six interconnected stories that ask how far we will go to remake ourselves into the perfect human specimens, and how hard that will push the definition of "human."

What did I think of it:
This sounded like an interesting read, but I should have known better.

The first two stories were the best in my opinion, although right from the start it is clear this book is taking the 'science is weird and scary' approach. After those two stories it only went downhill, exploring all the ways new technologies can go wrong, be misused, and be twisted. I will confess was losing my interest fast. I did soldier on, but the writing itself got more dense as well, so I confess to skimming the last two stories.

All in all not my kind of read.

Why should you read it:
Maybe you don't mind the science is scary feel of this book.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: