Monday 22 November 2021

Advanced Physical Chemistry - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

Advanced Physical Chemistry (Chemistry Lessons #3)
by Susannah Nix

What is it about:
After four lousy boyfriends in a row, chemical engineer Penny Popplestone swears off men until she can figure out why they keep cheating on her. But her no-men resolution hits a snag when the mysterious and superhumanly hot barista at her favorite coffee shop strikes up a friendship with her.

Penny strives to keep things platonic, but when Caleb gives her the kiss of her life, she realizes he wants to be more than just friends. Tired of always being “good little Penny,” she throws caution to the wind and pursues a no-strings fling with the hottie barista. It’s not like they have anything in common beyond scorching physical chemistry, so what does she have to lose?

Only her heart.

Now, this fanfic-reading, plus-size heroine faces an unsolvable problem. What do you do when being apart is unbearable…but being together is impossible?

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I was still in a Contemporary Romance mood, so had a look at the freebies lingering in my kindle app. I came across this one that I downloaded when it was temporarily free on amazon somewhere last year.

And this is a nice read.

I liked Caleb, even where I didn't really warm up to Penny. I'm not sure what it was about her, but she came across as kind of forgettable.

Still I was interested in seeing what happened to their fling, and to some of the customers at the coffee shop. I was disappointed that Penny's job wasn't more important to the story. For a series that prouds itself it's about women working in STEM fields Penny could easily have been working any other work from home job.

All in all a nice, but forgettable read. After finishing it I discovered I actually also have the first book in the series hiding somewhere on my kindle app, so I might try that one to see if that's more gripping.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice Contemporary Romance.


buy from Amazon


No comments: