Friday 26 November 2021

The Problem with Pugs - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

The Problem with Pugs (Love & Pets #1)
by A.G. Henley

What is it about:
New love? Or her pug?

Amelia’s boyfriend Tim broke up with her three months, thirteen days, and eleven hours ago, but at least he left her their baby, Doug the pug. Doug eats her underwear, mutilates furniture, and always poops in the middle of the sidewalk — but he only has eyes for her.

When Amelia reluctantly wades back into the dating pool, meets a new guy, and has to pay his medical bill after Doug launches a sneak attack on him, she realizes she has a problem. She’s determined to do everything she can to help her dog adjust to life without Tim, even recruiting handsome Travis, Doug’s new veterinarian, who’s willing to assist her at risk of life and limb.

But it won’t be so easy. Doug’s the only man in Amelia’s life now... and he isn’t about to share.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
After reading the prologue as a short story I was invested in the pug enough to want to give the full book a try.

This turned out to be a nice read. Amelia is pretty hung up on her ex, who's a total jerk, so that annoyed me at times, but not too much. I did love Doug and was rooting for him to get a happily ever after. He's quite the destructive pug, but I could understand where the behavior is coming from.

As a romance it didn't really tick my boxes. I was invested in Doug and side characters, but never got that fluttering feeling I want from a good romance. Still I enjoyed myself with the book and was happy with how it ended.

As I do not have kindle unlimited I don't think I'll get other books in this series, unless they go on sale.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Contemporary Romance with a pug.


buy from Amazon


No comments: