Wednesday 24 November 2021

Love, Pugs, and Other Problems - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

Love, Pugs, and Other Problems (Love & Pets #0.5)
by A.G. Henley

What is it about:
She wanted a ring. She got a pug, instead.

Amelia doesn't care much for her job as a legal secretary, but she's head over heels for her boyfriend Tim and his pet pug, Doug. When Tim says he has something important to ask her, she knows the rainbow painted day she's been dreaming of is here. Her naked ring finger is finally getting some bling.

That night, she makes Tim’s favorite meal, lights candles, and plays sure-fire mood music, but when he finally pops the question, Amelia discovers the rainbow road to her dreams may be bumpier than she expected... and covered in pug fur.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This was yet another freebie I found on my kindle app. I probably got it as a freebie for signing up for a newsletter, or I came across it on the author's website, but I really don't remember. It was probably the pug that drew me in.

This turned out to be more of a prologue to the first book in the series than a standalone story. It introduces you to Amelia and her troubled love life. And just when it starts getting interesting it's over.

I must say I did love Doug, the pug, from the start and was rooting for him. So when I saw that book one was 99 cents I decided to get it, to see if Doug would get a happy end. And ok: maybe to see if Amelia would get one too.

Why should you read it:
If you want to read the first book in this series, this short story is a great prologue.


Get it on the author's website


No comments: