Wednesday 17 August 2011

Storm's Heart - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Storm's Heart (Elder Races #2) by Thea Harrison

What is it about:
During the rule of her murderous Dark Fae uncle, Thistle "Tricks" Periwinkle found sanctuary among the Wyr in New York. Her ethereal beauty and sparkling personality won the hearts of the public, but after her uncle's death, there are those who don't want to see her ascend the throne...

Able to wield thunder and lightning, Wyr sentinel Tiago Black Eagle has ruled the skies for centuries. His massive build and thunderous power make him one of the Wyr's best weapons. And he's the one sent to protect Tricks when she's almost assassinated in Chicago.

Soon, both Tiago and Tricks will fall prey to the stormy hunger that engulfs them- a passion that will shake the very foundation of all the worlds.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I'm not doing this often, but I just have to let out a fan-girlish squeee about Tiago! I was already intrigued by Tiago when he was mentioned in Dragon Bound, but I hadn't expected him to be so extremely cool as he turned out to be in this book.

With a character like Tiago the story could have been utterly craptacular and I would still have enjoyed myself, but luckily it wasn't only Tiago that made this book. I had feared the story would be too political minded for my tastes, but it turned out to be really suspenseful and dramatic and very well written. Besides Tiago and Niniane there were lots of other really interesting and fun characters and I'm already looking forward to reading more about some of them in future books.

I must say I enjoyed this book even more than I did enjoy Dragon Bound, which is largely because I could really relate with both lead characters in Storm's Heart, where in Dragon Bound I was a bit unsure about Pia. All in all this is a wonderful read and I'm so going to read more books in this series!

Why should you read it:
Tiago!! *swoons*


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments: