Monday 31 December 2012

Glass Houses - Book Review


Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

What did I think of it:
This is a nice, entertaining read.

Claire seemed to act a little too young for her age (16) at times while her roommates at 18 sometimes acted a bit too mature, but that didn't bother me too much. All in all I really liked Claire and her friends.

The vampires and the vampire lackeys were a bit grotesque in my opinion, but once again not something that annoyed me too much.

Actually this book was pretty much what I expected it to be when I picked it up: an entertaining story that's a bit predictable and doesn't go too deep. A perfect read for when you're looking for a light Paranormal Young Adult read.

There was one major annoyance though:
After the whole story was wrapped up and done with there was one extra chapter that could easily have been left out, but was added to force the book into an unnecessary cliffhanger to make people buy the next book.

And that's the reason this piggy won't be reading anymore books in this series.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice uncomplicated read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

3 comments:

Melliane said...

one day I'll have to try this series. I bought the first and second to bestfriend, but she didn't like it, maybe she'll let me try...

Aurian said...

Both my stepdaughters read this book recently, and they liked it. So I was planning on reading it myself. I do have the first 8 or 9 books (bought for a bargain secondhand ;) )

Sullivan McPig said...

I lend it to a friend and told her not to read the last chapter: she listened and loved it!