Tuesday 18 December 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - The Reapers Are The Angels

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: - Grab your current read - Open to a random page - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm having trouble getting through this one. It's in present tense and there's no quotation marks when people are talking with each other. It keeps dragging me out of the story.


They gather, the horde, and she eases her car through, pushing them out of the way or down under her wheels, which crunch over their limbs or torsos. If she stops, if the car stalls, she is dead, she knows.
(page 84, The Reapers Are The Angels by Alden Bell)


2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Wow, that sounds like one crazy ride. Makes me wonder what she's running from!

If you'd like to check out my teaser...
http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesday-144.html

Melliane said...

I heard great things about this book I can't wait to see your opinion!