Monday 24 December 2012

Top Pearl Interview - Laura Bickle

2013 is almost upon us, so it is time to look back at all the books I read this year and name my Top Pearls of 2012.

Before I give you the whole list however I want to spotlight the absolute most awesome book of 2012 and its author:

The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle

I'll post a small interview, a teaser and there might even be a giveaway.

But let's start with the interview!

A big welcome to one of our favorite authors:
Laura Bickle



- What was your favorite moment of 2012?

My favorite moment was adopting our new cat, Gibby! He showed up on our doorstep in mid-August, howling for food. We fed him, he stuck around…and he became a happy indoor cat. A plump indoor cat. He’s almost twenty pounds now, and is doing a great job holding down the couch.



- What will you be doing on New Year's Eve?

I’m not much of a partier. I’ll probably be in my pajamas, surfing the internet and watching television. If I’m feeling really festive, I might wear the jammies with feet and make pizza.

- What are you looking forward to in 2013?

I’m looking forward to a whole new year! My list of resolutions is long, including carving out more writing time, decluttering, and simplifying. I’m in the process of putting together a hobby room in the basement to work on custom action figures – one of my nerdy hobbies.

- What can readers expect from you in 2013?

The sequel to THE HALLOWED ONES, titled THE OUTSIDE, will be coming out in fall 2013. I’ll be very excited to see it in print!

Thanks for dropping by Laura!
We are counting the months until fall 2013.


-----------------

So what about our readers?
What was your favorite moment of 2012 and what are you looking forward to in 2013?

-----------------



The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones #1)
by Laura Bickle

Katie is on the verge of her Rumspringa, the time in Amish life when teenagers can get a taste of the real world. But the real world comes to her in this dystopian tale with a philosophical bent. Rumors of massive unrest on the “Outside” abound. Something murderous is out there. Amish elders make a rule: No one goes outside, and no outsiders come in. But when Katie finds a gravely injured young man, she can’t leave him to die. She smuggles him into her family’s barn—at what cost to her community?

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

5 comments:

Laura Bickle said...

Thanks so much for having me over, Sullivan! You made 2012 a wonderful year! *hugs*

Aurian said...

Merry Christmas to you both and your families ladies! I still have to read this book, but it is on my shelves.

Laura Bickle said...

Merry Christmas, Aurian and Sullivan!

Sullivan McPig said...

Merry Christmas! And I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve.

Lynn K. said...

Christmas wishes are a little belated but Happy New Year in advance!

I'll probably be doing the same thing as Laura during NY's eve, pjs ftw! :)