Tuesday 25 December 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - The Hallowed Ones

Merry Christmas everyone!

Today I want to share some teaser sentences from my favorite 2012 read:

The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle


Ravens hopped through the broken bits of debris, puffing up their wings. In the center of the flock stood a man dressed in black, the hems of his trousers stained gray by the ash.
(page 38)

Evil arrived on our doorstep the next day.
At the time, I didn't see it that way. But that was the way the Elders saw it.
(page 75)

But I couldn't help glancing back at the seductive glow. Like a moth to the flame, I drifted towards it.
(page 109)

I stared back at the house. How much did he suspect about my disobedience? How much did he know, through his strange connection with God?
(page 162)

The Hexenmeister hobbled forward with his cane before I could speak. He faced the Elders. "The Darkness is coming."
(page 212)

I was only too grateful to have the opportunity to flee. I rushed down the stairs to the front door, lurched into fresh air. I was surrounded by dark skirts and legs as I heaved what remained of my breakfast into the grass.
(page 244)

The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones #1)
by Laura Bickle

Katie is on the verge of her Rumspringa, the time in Amish life when teenagers can get a taste of the real world. But the real world comes to her in this dystopian tale with a philosophical bent. Rumors of massive unrest on the “Outside” abound. Something murderous is out there. Amish elders make a rule: No one goes outside, and no outsiders come in. But when Katie finds a gravely injured young man, she can’t leave him to die. She smuggles him into her family’s barn—at what cost to her community?

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments: