Friday 20 February 2015

Carpe Corpus - Book Review


Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires #6)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since.

Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead.

Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?


What did I think of it:
Yet another entertaining addition to this series.

I will confess some of the developments in this book have me worried for the rest of the series. Especially something that happens to Myrnin makes me worried how he will be in future books.

Otherwise I'm very much enjoying myself with this series. It's full of action, vampires, and intrigue. I like how this book is less obvious as the previous ones. Still some things were easy to guess, but others were at least a bit more of a surprise.

All in all this is a fun series and I will pick up the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and entertaining Paranormal YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: