Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Bane Chronicles - Book Review


The Bane Chronicles (The Bane Chronicles #1-11)
by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson and Sarah Rees Brennan
with illustrations by Cassandra Jean


What is it about:
Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices can get to know warlock Magnus Bane like never before in this collection of New York Times bestselling tales, in print for the first time with an exclusive new story and illustrated material.

This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.


What did I think of it:
Magnus Bane is my favorite character in Cassandra Clare's books, so I had to get this book with short stories all about Magnus.

And I can advice this book to anyone who also loves Magnus Bane.

The stories are not brilliant I will confess. Some are cool, some didn't really float my boat, and some felt unfinished, but still I very much enjoyed this book.

The reason why I enjoyed this book so much, is that it gives lots of background information on a character I love, shows more about other characters from the books, fills in some blanks and generally lets you enjoy the world Clare build in her books some more.

The stories in this book can be read spoiler free before reading City of Heavenly Fire. There are some that might be spoiling a bit if you haven't read all the other books yet.

All in all this book is clearly for fans of Clare's books, and Magnus Bane in particular. I myself will put this book on my keeper shelves, and reread some of the stories when I'm in the mood.

Why should you read it:
It has lots and lots of Magnus Bane.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: