Friday 6 February 2015

Lord of Misrule - Book Review


Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.


What did I think of it:
This series is getting better and better.

The first two books were entertaining enough, but it's since book three that I actually feel excited to pick up the next book to find out what will happen next.

And Myrnin!

Myrnin is a vampire who's totally stealing the show time and time again, and who is awesome! For the rpg nerds among my readers: I've been wondering if Caine is familiar with The World of Darkness, because Myrnin is totally a Malkavian, and a very cool one at that.

As for the story: this too is getting more and more interesting and intense. There's still things you can see coming from miles away, but other things kept me guessing. More characters were introduced, and I especially liked the vampire Theo.

The ending is another cliffhanger, but not completely unnecessary like the cliffhangers in some of the other books. I'm happy to say I have lots more books in this series in my TBR pile, so I can continue reading about Morganville whenever I want.

Why should you read it:
It's a very fun and entertaining Paranormal YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: