Wednesday 22 July 2020

Hold Back the Tide - Book Review


Hold Back the Tide
by Melinda Salisbury


What is it about:
Everyone knows what happened to Alva's mother, all those years ago. But when dark forces begin to stir in Ormscaula, Alva has to face a very different future - and question everything she thought she knew about her past...

What did I think of it:
Yes, I know. I still need to read book two in the Sorrow duology, but the kindle version of this book was on sale for less than a Euro so I was impulsive, bought it, and started on it. (Seems the US kindle version won't release for a while)

And once I started this book was hard to put down. It was twistier than I expected.

Alva lives with her father outside of town. She knows her father killed her mother, even though the body was never found. She's working on a way to escape and start a life of her own.

Sounds like it will be a suspenseful story with maybe a surprise reveal somewhere along the way, right? Think again! This story continued to throw new things at me, and I loved it. From a historical thriller it turned into something more sinister and paranormal, even skirting the edges of horror. I was totally engrossed and needed to find out what was going on.

And the ending! OMG! What the? What!? I tell you , you need to read this book! It left me reeling and wanting more. You bet I'll dig up my copy of Song of Sorrow soon!

Why should you read it:
It's a twisty and cool Paranormal YA read.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: