Thursday 2 July 2020

Killian's Dead - Book Review


Killian's Dead (Seekers #0.5)
by Josie Jaffrey


What is it about:
Love is for losers.

Jack doesn't care about anything except music. All she wants to do is find a decent gig, stand by the speakers and let the bass roll through her. It's the only reason she gets out of bed.

Until she meets Winta. In the space of a second, everything is different. Winta knows what she wants and for one night, what she wants is Jack. It feels like the start of forever.

Then Winta disappears and Jack faces a choice: should she go back to her life, or track down the only girl who can change it beyond recognition?
One things' certain: Jack has no idea what she's getting herself into.


What did I think of it:
This 50 page long story is the introduction to Jack, the lead character in the upcoming Seekers series.

And what a perfect introduction!

I really liked Jaffrey's writing style, and I loved Jack! She's impulsive and determined, two traits that can lead to a lot of trouble. When she decides to try and find Winta after one special night she's unprepared for the kind of trouble she'll find, but she won't let that stop her.

I was hooked from the start and raced through this short story. The ending made me hungry for more in a good way! Luckily I received and ARC of May Day, book 1 in the Seekers series, not long after I read this book, so you bet I started on it the moment it was in my greedy trotters.

Why should you read it:
It's a great introduction to a series that promises to be awesome.


buy from amazon

No comments: