Wednesday 15 July 2020

Taken on Thanksgiving - Book...?? WTF...?? by Voodoo Bride


Taken on Thanksgiving
by Annabelle Winters


What is it about:
MORE INSTA-LOVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN . . . FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

My mom just got a new boyfriend and cancelled Thanksgiving because "reasons."

So my sweet elderly neighbors invite me over.

So far so good, right?

Yeah, well, I'm not the only guest at their Thanksgiving table . . .

But from the way this mystery guest is staring, I might be the only thing on the menu . . .

His menu!


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I was looking for something else on amazon, and this book turned up as a sponsored result. An Instalove story set at Thanksgiving? I decided to give it a try...

I'll confess that I DNFed this book on my first try.

First there was a scene where a particular part of the hero's anatomy was dancing like a dervish while clothed! I had a hard time picturing that particular body part dancing like a dervish at all, let alone while covered.

Next the hero accidentally lifted a table because he was aroused...

I DNFed and ranted on Twitter after that! My rant did make someone else curious enough to give the book a try, and she told me about the other craziness she encountered. That in turn made me curious enough to continue reading to see if all that craziness was indeed happening in those 88 pages, because that seemed like a lot of WTF.

And it indeed was one long WTF ride of craziness. The things happening in this book are totally wacky and over the top of a WTF mountain.

After finishing this book I was left with a feeling of "WTF did I just read and why?". I certainly won't be reading more books by this author, because can't handle her levels of WTFery I'm afraid.

Why should you read it:
You might be able to handle all this craziness.


buy from amazon

No comments: