Tuesday 13 July 2021

Pandora's Orphans - Release Day Book Review

 

Pandora's Orphans: A Fangborn Collection
by Dana Cameron

What is it about:
The Fangborn are werewolves, vampires, and oracles dedicated to protecting humanity. Known as “Pandora’s Orphans,” the Fangborn Family is the hope that was left behind when evil was released into the world. Through the millennia, they’ve tracked and fought that evil in secret.

Since 2008, and the publication of “The Night Things Changed,” ten award-winning tales of the Fangborn have been published in best-selling anthologies and magazines. They are collected here for the first time, with an all-new adventure, never before published.

What did I think of it:
I've been a fan of Dana Cameron's work ever since reading Seven Kinds of Hell, the first novel in the Fangborn series. But it has been difficult to get hold of all the shorter stories and novellas, as buying all the different anthologies and magazines isn't always an option. So you bet I jumped on the chance to read an early copy of this collection of Fangborn stories.

And this is such a great collection.

There are stories featuring Gerry and Claudia, the brother and sister who are also characters in the novels, but other stories as well. There were a few historical stories, a Sherlockian story among them, and even one about Zoe's parents ( the lead character of the Fangborn novels)

I totally enjoyed each and every last story. Some gave new insights, some were just really intense, and others brought some laughs as well. I loved rereading the ones I knew, and gobbled up the new-to-me ones. 

When I finished this book I wanted to reread the novels to stay in this exciting and intriguing world just a little longer. And I'll definitely get the print book for my collection. I can advice this book to everyone who loves the series, and to everyone who's unfamiliar with the series, but is looking for a new world and new characters to fall in love with.

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome Urban Fantasy read.


buy from amazon


No comments: