Wednesday 20 October 2021

Please Remain Calm - Book Review

 

Please Remain Calm (This is Not a Test #1.5)
by Courtney Summers

What is it about:
In this gripping sequel to THIS IS NOT A TEST, Rhys and Sloane are headed for a safe haven when they get separated along the way. Rhys is determined to reunite with Sloane until he discovers people who might need him more--people who offer him the closest he'll get to everything he's lost, if they can just hold on long enough.

Rhys thinks he has what it takes to survive and find the girl he lost, but in a world overrun by the dead, there are no guarantees and the next leg of his journey will test him in unimaginable ways ...

What did I think of it:
After my previous read I needed some zombies, so I picked up this novella. I read This is Not a Test back in 2012 and really liked it, even though the zombies were more background noise.

Not so in this sequel!

Rhys and Sloane find zombies everywhere they turn. They try to get to a safe haven, but the zombies don't make it easy. I very much enjoyed the atmosphere and the actual threat of the zombies in this novella.

When they get separated Rhys ends up with a family of three who take him under their wings, but that doesn't mean his problems are over. I was eager to see how this all would end.

The ending is both bleak and satisfying at the same time. I had a great time with this novella and might reread This is Not a Test one of these days. Although I should add I think you can read this novella without having read This is Not a Test.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool Zombie Novella


buy from amazon


No comments: