Friday 28 January 2022

Frozen Charlotte - Book Review

 

Frozen Charlotte (Frozen Charlotte #1)
by Alex Bell

What is it about:
We're waiting for you to come and play. 

Dunvegan School for Girls has been closed for many years. Converted into a family home, the teachers and students are long gone. But they left something behind...

Sophie arrives at the old schoolhouse to spend the summer with her cousins. Brooding Cameron with his scarred hand, strange Lilias with a fear of bones and Piper, who seems just a bit too good to be true.

 And then there's her other cousin. The girl with a room full of antique dolls. The girl that shouldn't be there. The girl that died.

What did I think of it:
This book is going to be the February Horror buddy read for the facebook group I mentioned in my review of Near the Bone. I got it early as it was on sale and after my two previous thriller/horror reads I was in the mood for more, so read it right away. 

This was a cool read.

The Frozen Charlotte dolls are an actual thing. I love how Bell used them to write this YA horror. 

When Sophie arrives at the old schoolhouse where her family lives it soon becomes clear something strange is going on, and it seems connected to the dolls in the room of her deceased cousin Rebecca.

Sophie tries to uncover what happened with Rebecca and what might still be going on right now. I was hooked from the start and had a great time discovering more about the dolls, and the history of the schoolhouse. 

Sophie's cousins were all very intriguing as well. There are secrets they're hiding and I tried to guess what was going on and what happened to Rebecca. There were clues along the way, and some I picked up on, others I only recognized in hindsight.

All in all a cool read. I will definitely pick up the second book in this series, that explores the origin of the dolls.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and very enjoyable YA Horror read.  


buy from amazon

No comments: