Thursday 3 January 2013

Archangel of Mercy - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Archangel of Mercy
by Christina Ashcroft


What is it about:
When Aurora Robinson attempts to open a rift between dimensions to embrace her true heritage, an arrogant Archangel is the only one who can save her from the jaws of hell. And while she owes Gabriel her life, she's determined not to fall at his feet-despite the desire she feels whenever they're together.

After his wings were brutally destroyed millennia ago, Gabriel has no compassion for humans like those who ruined him and betrayed the ones he loved. But when he inexplicably finds himself defying ancient protocols to rescue a woman from a fate worse than death, he is shocked by the searing attraction he feels for a mortal.

As the ancient forces that seek to punish Aurora for her actions close in, Gabriel offers the tempting woman protection at his private sanctuary. But as they both succumb to their desires, they discover an even deeper connection-one that threatens to consume them.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I confess:
I totally bought this book because of the cover.

I did of course hope the story would be good as well, it did sound like it might be a really hot paranormal romance.

Well.....

It was hot at times, but I didn't think it was very romantic.

Gabriel for one was trying to get hot and heavy with other women than Aurora for far too long after the two had met in my opinion. I will confess that's a personal pet peeve, but it did diminish my enjoyment in this book considerately.

Apart from that I didn't feel a spark between Gabriel and Aurora besides the physical attraction. I couldn't understand why and how they fell in love with each other and no destined mate mumbo-jumbo could get me to go along with this mismatched pairing.

All in all I probably should have put the book down halfway through, but I really wanted to find something to love in this book besides the cover. That was not to be however and I don't think I will read more books by this author in the future.

Why should you read it:
The world building is interesting.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

Aurian said...

I am sorry you are disappointed in the romance part of the book. I have this series on my wishlist, but now I am not so sure anymore. And yes, I do like that cover.

Melliane said...

I'm really sorry it wasn"t for you...