Monday 7 January 2013

Redemption - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Redemption (Penton Legacy #1)
by Susannah Sandlin


What is it about:
For vampire Aidan Murphy, life has never been so desperate. The vaccine used to treat a global pandemic has rendered human blood deadly to his kind, leaving them on the brink of starvation and civil war. In tiny Penton, Alabama, Aidan establishes a peaceful community of vampires and unvaccinated human donors. He dares to hope they can survive—until his estranged brother descends upon Penton and begins killing the humans. Determined to save his town, Aidan kidnaps an unsuspecting human doctor—and finds himself falling in love for the first time in nearly four centuries.

Dr. Krystal Harris thought she was coming to Penton for a job interview, but Aidan Murphy has other plans. Infuriated by his high-handed scheme to imprison her in the small town, Krys can't ignore the attraction between them. But is it love? Or does her dangerous, charismatic captor want only to bend her to his will?


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is how Paranormal Romance should be:

- A hot Alpha hero
- A heroine who seems fragile, but actually can hold her own
- A sizzling attraction between the two that's not just physical
- And last: A decent action storyline that intertwines with the romantic storyline perfectly

I really loved the world building as well. The idea of a vaccine that makes humans poisonous for vampires and thus creates a food shortage is fresh and opens up a whole bunch of possibilities storywise. I was glad to see that Sandlin used those possibilities to spice up the action storyline.

The romantic storyline was really delicious. Aidan and Krys were a good match for each other and the romance build up was done really well. I liked how Krys didn't go along with the whole idea of vampires right away, but needed time to get process what was happening.

There were some really cool secondary characters and I'm glad that at least two of them will get their own story, because especially Mirren was one seriously intriguing vampire. I also really liked Hannah, a child-vampire, and I hope she will return in other books, because I really want to learn more about her.

I can advice this book to anyone who likes their vampires hunky and brooding. I'm glad to say I have the next book in this series (which will be about Mirren) in my to-be-read pile and i'll be reading it soon for sure.

Why should you read it:
Hunky, brooding vampires!


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

5 comments:

LM Preston said...

Thanks for sharing a new Vampy series I can sink my teeth into. I'm adding this one to my reading list.

She-Wolf Reads said...

I love this series! The next one, with Mirren, is even better. Can't wait to read Omega!

Sharon Stogner said...

oh! I've been waiting to hear what people thought of this one. Sounds like my kind of book. I will be getting this one thanks :)

Melliane said...

yay! I really liked this book as well, and the same for absolution.

Aurian said...

Now I really have to read those books! They are both waiting for me on my shelves. Glad to know you loved it.