Thursday 31 January 2013

TBR-Orphan Challenge Update

January is almost over, so it's time to see how I did with my TBR-Orphan Challenge.


First book I tried to read for this challenge was God's War by Kameron Hurley. I had to put it down at the 25% point though as I couldn't get into it. I just couldn't find a connection to either one of the lead characters.


Next I picked up Riveted by Meljean Brook at the advice of Jeffe Kennedy.
I'm glad I did because I really liked this one. I posted my review earlier this week.

So I reached my goal this month of reading at least 1 book that's been in my TBR-pile for more than 3 months.

I will be selecting my next TBR-Orphan soon.

If you have read a book that's been on your TBR-pile for a long time, let me know in the comments if it was worth digging the book up and what book it was of course.

3 comments:

Aurian said...

So, one dud and one find. I have a same sort of challenge, read one book a month that has been on my shelves for over a year. I have picked the Pirate trilogy by Jennifer Ashley for the past months, and really enjoyed them.
There are so many great books on my shelves already, but I just get distracted by the shiny new ones that fall on my doormat.

Sullivan McPig said...

I know that feeling. i tend to grab the newest books as well. That;s why I gave myself this challenge.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh, I have God's War on my Nook...I think. But glad to hear you enjoyed Riveted. I so need to get into that series. Dang.