Friday 13 December 2013

Untold - Book Review


Untold (The Lynburn Legacy #2)
by Sarah Rees Brennan


What is it about:
It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?


What did I think of it:
Unspoken, the first book in this series, was a more than pleasant surprise to me. I had expected a nice read and instead was totally blown away by how cool, funny and suspenseful it was. So I had to get Untold as soon as I could.

And this is yet another awesome read.

Again suspense and humor blended together seamlessly and kept me enthralled and entertained. I had a hard time putting this book down and read it in almost one sitting.

I love Kami, she's a really great character. She is strong and resourceful and honest about her feelings. Again her friends play just as much an important role in the story as in the first book. I like how they stand together and support each other as much as they can. Friendship and loyalty are both very strong themes in this series, and I think Sarah Rees Brennan succeeds very well in showing this without turning the story into a lesson on morality.

The story is very suspenseful and there were a few chilling scenes. I kept rooting for Kami to succeed and to find a way to defeat her enemies. There were some hints of things to come that I picked up on, but other events managed to catch me by surprise.

The ending is yet another cliffhanger that almost makes me scream in despair over the fact that the next book will not release until somewhere far into 2014.

All in all this is an awesome book and I will stalk Sarah Rees Brennan's website for news about the release of the next book.

Why should you read it:
It's a really fun and suspenseful Paranormal YA read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

That is a very different name for a village

Aurian said...

Sounds cool, glad you loved it. And yes, waiting so long for the next book is horrible.