Wednesday 11 December 2013

World After - Book Review


World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2)
by Susan Ee


What is it about:
In this sequel to Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


What did I think of it:
I loved Angelfall so much, I preoredered World After immediately after I finished reading Angelfall. So when World After arrived I started on it as soon as I could.

And although this is once again a really cool read, I was missing something. I didn't really understand what it was at first. The world building was still dark and gritty, the story grim and suspenseful... So why wasn't I as addicted to World After as I was to Angelfall?

It wasn't until Raffe and Penryn encountered each other again that I understood what this book was missing until then. What made Angelfall so awesome for me was the interaction between Raffe and Penryn. They have this chemistry between them that keeps you invested and makes you want to keep reading about them. This interaction was missing for large parts of World After. Penryn on her own is still a cool character, but her complicated connection with Raffe is what makes her a great character.

Overall World After is a very cool read, and it ends in a way that made I will impatiently wait for the next book in this series, but I'll be honest and say that I hope there will be lots more Raffe and Penryn together in the next book.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool Post Apocalyptic YA read with angels


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

I do have the ebook of book 1 but I and ebooks are all bleh